VTK doxygen documentation is functionnal, but only concerns “nigthly” which is roughly master:
There is no way to access doxygen documentation of the last release, or older release.
This is a big issue and should be adressed imo.
Some releases have seen their doxygen documentation be uploaded and are still accessible, but one has to know the links, here they are if needed:
- VTK 3.2: https://vtk.org/doc/release/3/html/
- VTK 4.0.2: https://vtk.org/doc/release/4.0/html/
- VTK 5.4.2: https://vtk.org/doc/release/5.4/html/
- VTK 6.3.0: https://vtk.org/doc/release/6.3/html/
- VTK 7.1.1: https://vtk.org/doc/release/7.1/html/
VTK 8 and 9 are missing.
I see a few things needed to adress this:
- Upload manually vtk 9.2.2 documentation so that last release is documented
- Add doxygen release documentation upload to our release process and list links on https://vtk.org/documentation/
- Improve the doxygen doc so that versions are available in the website directly, as it is the case with paraview doc: https://kitware.github.io/paraview-docs/latest/cxx/
I think this is a critical issue, let me know If I should log that on VTK issue tracker.