Detecting visible mesh faces in a scene rendered outside of VTK

I think vtkOpenGLState::Reset(). Push(), Pop() might be what I need, although I’m getting an odd error trying to use them:

/home/rob/projects/aa-ros/internal/src/aa_toolpath_planner/src/geometry.cpp:226:27: error: ‘class vtkOpenGLState’ has no member named ‘Reset’
  226 |     renderer->GetState()->Reset();

The docs definitely show those methods…

You are right - the docs for this class don’t seem to be current. I wonder if the doc generation encountered an error and didn’t update this file. @Ben Boeckel Any ideas?

What VTK version do you use?

9.0.3. I have an older version installed too, however I have the following lines in my CMakeLists.txt file verifying that the correct version is used

find_package(VTK 9.0.3 REQUIRED NO_MODULE)
if(VTK_FOUND AND ("${VTK_VERSION}" VERSION_LESS 9.0.3))
    message(FATAL_ERROR "The minimum required version of VTK is 9.0.3, but found ${VTK_VERSION}")
    set(VTK_FOUND FALSE)
endif()

No docs are uploaded unless it generated properly. Note that we do not pass --delete for the rsync command, so old files probably linger, but they shouldn’t be reachable normally…

Strangely, I can’t find the Reset, Push, and Pop methods in any version of the code on Gitlab – only on the master branch (although the latest changes to the file itself were made months ago). Is it an unreleased version maybe?

Actually, that function does exist in master - I had an older VTK checked out. So the issue is only that we should have documentation for each version of VTK - a known issue. Hopefully will fix this soon.