Gauss points in cells

How can I add gauss points in cells (triangles, quadrilaterals, lines) in unstructured grid?
Adding interpolate points, for example?

There’s been discussion on and off about this, so I’m sure others will add some thoughts.

Conceptually, a simple approach is basically to package up the information you need in cell data. This information can then be transferred into the methods that need it (filters, cell operations) through a variety of means. The particulars of how you package the information, and how it is transferred, is where a lot of discussion needs to take place.

Thank you for your attention.

Therefore if I have triangles with 3 gauss points and my results have 3 components, I can write tuples of 9 values for each triangle. Then I will find how to integrate it to show correctly, for example filters.

Hi Mr Schroeder,

After looking for a lot of information, I found a vtk class named vtkQuadratureSchemeDefinition and a document where there is an example of vtk file structure with this class. But I do not understand how can I link vtkQuadratureSchemeDefinition with DataArray. Therefore, I have a vtk file with this class and I can open this file with PARAVIEW but I can not draw my data array using gauss points.

I do not know if you know how can I link vtkQuadratureSchemeDefinition with my DataArray.

Thank you for your attention.