how to use rotateX in volume rendering

the code works now using openglRenderWindow, but the issue remains. the new function does not work either.

what could be wrong?

I printed out {width,height} and you can see it is different from that of fullscreenRenderWindow.

Now I’m guessing maybe the operation of image rotation has some default value set using full screen window? it doesn’t sound logic as polydata object rendering is OK, but all I can do right now is guessing.

Could you or someone from vtk.js team provide a working solution to this issue? Thanks!!!

I think it is a bug in the volume mapper

vtk.js team, any plan to look into it and get it fixed? Thanks.

This should be fixed with fix(volume): Fix key normal matrix for volume by bruyeret · Pull Request #2954 · Kitware/vtk-js · GitHub

thanks Sankhesh and vtk.js team! I checked when the fix came out and it indeed fixed the rotation issues. The rotation works correctly on my local machine with vscode as well.

In my simple test I encountered another problem with image resolution when volume rotated in generic render window using the latest vtk.js version. Full screen window is fine. That seems related to the settings of generic window created. I’m working on something on my hand right now and will check and verify this shortly.

I think it works correctly now. Thanks team!

1 Like