Making a surface using polylines

Hello Everyone,

Greetings! I have polylines in my polydata which are curved and kind of parllel to each other as shown in the bottom fig.

Now, I want to create a surface using the lines which should be like this as shown in the bottom fig.

The surface you see above is made using vtkRuledSurfaceFilter(). But I am facing some problems with this filter as after I mirror this surface to get second half. I am not able to properly set a opacity to it. and also there are some other problems like it creates some gaps.

Is there any other method other than ruled surface filter to form a surface on polylines?

after I mirror this surface to get second half. I am not able to properly set a opacity to it.

Do you use another actor to show the second half?

there are some other problems like it creates some gaps.

Are the gaps between the two halves or within the surface itself?

Is there any other method other than ruled surface filter to form a surface on polylines?

Have you considered a constrained vtkDelaunay2D using the polylines? Suggesting delaunay because the lines don’t look so crazy. @will.schroeder may have more suggestions.

Hello Jaswant,

Thank you for your quick response!

I didn’t use it but thank you because this did provide a solution to problem. Now I am appending the mirrored polydata with the original polydata and my opacity problems solved. (Also I didn’t use the actor as you suggested because I needed the complete surface to be stored as a vtp file)

Don’t mind about the gaps. It is created because of our problem with our data.

I will try and let you know the results. I would have sent a polydata file as a sample but discourse doesn’t allow me since I’m a new user. Sorry!