New reader in Paraview

Hello,
I want to add a new reader in Paraview which is implemented in VTK. Do I need to wait the release of VTK with my modification before going to Paraview or can I make both pull request now (on each gitlab repository) ?
My reader is implemented in VTK IO/geometry but some files are in also in the Paraview folder to make it work.

I don’t really understand how the Paraview/VTK relation is handled since they are separated…
Thank you.

Hi !

This is more a question for https://discourse.paraview.org/

In any case, here is the response:

Do I need to wait the release of VTK with my modification before going to Paraview

No

Can I make both pull request now (on each gitlab repository) ?

Yesm but mark the ParaView one as WIP until the VTK one is merged. Once it it, you will need to bump VTK submodule in your ParaView MR.

My reader is implemented in VTK IO/geometry but some files are in also in the Paraview folder to make it work.

That sounds problematic

I don’t really understand how the Paraview/VTK relation is handled since they are separated…

VTK is a submodule of ParaView. Nothing in VTK depends of ParaView. ParaView depends of many things in VTK and built what it needs.

Do no hesitate to tag me on your MRs.

If you want to keep discussing this, please open a thread on the ParaView discourse as you will have much more visibility.