Sprays simulation

Is it possible to create a topic branch about the sprays simulation for VTK::FiltersFlowPaths.

The vtkLagrangianParticleTracker helped me for the inject and track particles in a flow (simulation), thanks VTK. I was guessing VTK can also help me for the sprays simulation which describing primary breakup phenomena (please see the details with the references below), but I can’t find the API in VTK. I later found out that this is part of the simulation software (LISAAtomisation.h of OpenFOAM) and not the visualization software (VTK), so please indicate me if the sprays simulation can/will be part of VTK?

Ref:

• Atomizer Model Theory
  • P.K. Senecal, D.P. Schmidt, I. Nouar, C.J. Rutland, R.D. Reitz, M. Corradini “Modeling high-speed viscous liquid sheet atomisation” International Journal of Multiphase Flow 25 (1999) pags. 1073-1097

VTK is not a simulation software but the lagrangian particle tracker can indeed let you implement any kind of breakup phenomena using the split particle API.

https://www.kitware.com/vtk-and-paraview-add-highly-configurable-particle-tracker/

1 Like

It’s amazing.

1 Like