vtk 9.0 rc1

Hi to all

I built VTK-9.0rc1 in windows and tested some demos

I have got warning

Generic Warning: In F:\VTK-9.0.0\Rendering\OpenGL2\vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper.cxx, line 271

vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper::GetVertexShaderCode was deprecated for VTK 9.0 and will be removed in a future version.  Use vtkOpenGLShaderProperty::GetVertexShaderCode instead.

Generic Warning: In F:\VTK-9.0.0\Rendering\OpenGL2\vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper.cxx, line 263

vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper::SetVertexShaderCode was deprecated for VTK 9.0 and will be removed in a future version.  Use vtkOpenGLShaderProperty::SetVertexShaderCode instead.

Generic Warning: In F:\VTK-9.0.0\Rendering\OpenGL2\vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper.cxx, line 301

vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper::GetGeometryShaderCode was deprecated for VTK 9.0 and will be removed in a future version.  Use vtkOpenGLShaderProperty::GetGeometryShaderCode instead.

Generic Warning: In F:\VTK-9.0.0\Rendering\OpenGL2\vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper.cxx, line 293

vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper::SetGeometryShaderCode was deprecated for VTK 9.0 and will be removed in a future version.  Use vtkOpenGLShaderProperty::SetGeometryShaderCode instead.

I use vtkPolydataMapper and not use methods in list

How to solve this problem ? Thank you Leonid

@ken-martin

You can ignore the warnings, they are due to backwards compatibility code where VTK calls deprecated code itself. Turning on VTK_LEGACY_REMOVE in CMake I think gets rid of them.

I can do this, but I want to understand why I have got this message

Everyone gets that message. It is because of how the developer implemented the deprecation. Sometimes when deprecating a group a complex methods, they internally use other members of that deprecated group. So deprecated code in VTK itself uses the deprecated methods in VTK. When the deprecated code in VTK is removed the warnings will go away. The developer maybe could have done it a different way, I haven’t looked. You are welcome to submit a MR that removes the warnings in this case until the deprecated code is removed.