VTK Examples - New Physically Based Rendering examples

I have added fourteen PBR examples to vtk-examples.

They are:

C++ Python Description
PBR Anisotropy PBR Anisotropy Render spheres with different anisotropy values.
PBR_Clear_Coat PBR_Clear_Coat Render a cube with custom texture mapping and a coat normal texture.
PBR Edge Tint PBR Edge Tint Render spheres with different edge colors using a skybox as image based lighting.
PBR HDR Environment PBR HDR Environment Renders spheres with different materials using a skybox as image based lighting.
PBR Mapping PBR Mapping Render a cube with custom texture mapping.
PBR Materials PBR Materials Renders spheres with different materials using a skybox as image based lighting.
PBR Materials Coat PBR Materials Coat Render spheres with different coat materials using a skybox as image based lighting.

These examples are derived from the various VTK PBR tests. I hope that they will encourage those considering Physically Based Rendering to experiment. As the results are oftern really beautiful.

They all use a common JSON file which should make things easy as PBR often requires lots of files.

3 Likes

Wow, just wow! Wonderful additions

Amazing! Thank you, Andrew!

You can now view tthe PBR examples as a group in:

You can also see the relevant pictures there.

I have now updated the original three examples PBR_Skybox, PBR_Skybox_Texturing and PBR_Skybox_Anisotropy. They have a new command line parameter -t that activates tone mapping. When this is activated, a slider for exposure will appear.

For all the PBR examples:

• The description of the JSON file is here: PBR JSON file format.
  • The function reading the JSON parameter file is the same.
  • The function displaying the parameters is the same.
  • Functions for the reading of cube maps and equirectangular files are also the same .