VTK.js Courses?

:wave: Hello,

I am a maintainer over at cornerstone-tools, and we get a large number of requests for 2D/3D MPR functionality. Often times, we point our users toward:

However, I often find myself wishing I could provide more resources and guidance. We’ve recently made it easier to incorporate external libraries and 3rd party tools with Cornerstone, and it’s a personal goal of mine to create a few new tools that leverage VTK.js that can be used by the community in their viewers, and as a learning tool / starting point.

I see that there is a course offering for VTK, but are there any plans to offer courses for VTK.js? Is there a path or existing resources you would recommend as well?

1 Like

Hi Danny,

Kitware offers courses at customer’s site for various group size.
If you are looking for the courses we offer near our offices (NY, NC, NM), I don’t necessary have a good picture of what and when such course would happen. Hopefully someone else from Kitware could shade some light on that topic. But if we have a decent crowd requesting such a course, Kitware will be happy to consider it.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply, @Sebastien_Jourdain!

That makes sense. Does Kitware offer “remote” courses? The company I work for, and the Cornerstone Community, are 100% remote. I may be able to organize and acquire funding for Cornerstone’s core maintainers to receive education if a remote option were possible.

Is there a “best place” to keep my ears to the ground for murmurings of VTK.js course offerings near your offices?

General courses are usually advertise on the mailing list / discourse. So just by being here and following the VTK discourse, should be good enough.

For a remote course option, if it is just for your company, that should be manageable. I’m not sure for a bigger crowd, we may not have the proper infrastructure. (Although, I don’t know.)

For sure, I’ve done a day long vtk.js course remotely that was tailored to our customer.

I think @Andinet_Enquobahrie has something plan at some point which will likely include some vtk.js in the near future. But I don’t know how open that event will be. Hopefully he will be able to comment.

1 Like

A hands-on vtk.js tutorial will be included in the free 3-day biomedical image analysis course offered March 12-14, 2019, at Kitware’s Carrboro, NC, USA office. Please see the announcement for the course posted here: Free Biomedical Image Analysis and Visualization 3-day Course.

1 Like

:wave: Hello @dannyrb, How are you?
I have one problem during using cornerstoneTools
I am using TextMarkerTool with CornerstoneTools ^4.20.1

When click mouse left, displayed ‘Please enter text’ but I can’t edit this text.
Directly, when click double in text, alert don’t display like sample

I hope you help me
Thank you in advance