VTK-JS GradientBackgroundOn and SetSize is not working

I dont know what’s going on. But seems like many methods mentioned in the documents are not working in actual.
I am using NPM package for VTK and I can’t see renWin.SetSize and ren.GradientBackgroundOn()
official link is VTK-Example

// Create the renderer, render window and interactor.
       vtkRenderer ren = new vtkRenderer();
       vtkRenderWindow renWin = new vtkRenderWindow();
       renWin.AddRenderer(ren);
       vtkRenderWindowInteractor iren = new vtkRenderWindowInteractor();
       iren.SetRenderWindow(renWin);

// Visualise the arrow
       ren.AddActor(Actor);

//Setting up the background gradient
       ren.GradientBackgroundOn();
       ren.SetBackground(Bgcolor);
       ren.SetBackground2(Bgcolor_2);

renWin.SetSize(300, 300);
       renWin.Render();

iren.Initialize();
       iren.Start();

The documentation that you are referencing is for C++ not JavaScript.
Here is the quote from the JavaScript documentation

What is the difference with VTK/C++?

VTK.js is a complete rewrite of VTK/C++ using plain JavaScript (ES6).
The focus of the rewrite, so far, has been the rendering pipeline for ImageData and PolyData, the pipeline infrastructure, and frequently used readers (obj, stl, vtp, vti). Some filters are also provided as demonstrations. We are not aiming for vtk.js to provide the same set of filters that is available in VTK/C++, but vtk.js does provide the infrastructure needed to define pipelines and filters.

We have also started to explore a path where you can compile some bits of VTK/C++ into WebAssembly and to enable them to interact with vtk.js. With such interaction, you can pick and choose what you need to extract from VTK and enable it inside your web application. VTK/C++ WebAssembly can even be used for rendering, and examples can be found in VTK repository. Additionally itk.js (which is ITK via WebAssembly) also provides proven implementations for several image filters and data readers. There are, however, some additional costs in terms of the size of the WebAssembly file that will have to be downloaded when visiting a VTK or ITK WebAssembly webpage; and we still have some work to do to streamline the vtk.js + VTK WebAssembly integrations.

In general if you want to stay in the pure JavaScript land, then vtk.js is perhaps the ideal solution for you. We welcome your feedback, including your contributions for new visualization filters, bug fixes, and examples.

On top of the rendering capabilities of vtk.js, the library provides helper classes to connect to a remote VTK/ParaView server to enable remote-rendering and/or synchronized C++/RenderWindow content with a local vtk.js RenderWindow by pushing the geometry from the server to the client and only involve rendering on the client side.

Oh, the example I was following is Java not C++ pr JS.
But I have same question, can I use renWin.SetSize and ren.GradientBackgroundOn function in JS/NPM?

Like I said, not the same code base but with a lot of similarity.

• setSize
  • For the gradient background it does not look like it is implemented, but it is very easy to do using CSS with a transparent background from vtk.js.
1 Like

Thank you so much sir