Dear vtk js,
I am trying to implement a tool with polyline selections, but I came across some issues. The tool should allow users to:
- Draw a closed polyline. (Done, using the PolyLineWidget)
- Highlight all the actors within this closed polyline to represent they are selected. My idea is to get all points on the polyline and form a box to calculate actors’ intersections. Thus, subquestions arise here:
* How to get all points positions on the PolyLine? I read the official documents but find no public API applicable in this case.
* How to extrude this curve straight so that I could form a box to do the intersection calculations?
* Once I formed the actor, how to tell whether two actors have intersections or not?
I am not sure whether there are better solutions for this problem, so feel free to propose other ideas!
Thanks a lot in advance for your help!