@Ron84 I am working on a Merge Request to add Roland Roemer’s Boolean operator filter as a Remote Module. Roemer’s class is supposedly more robust than the existing filters and has several features listed in the README.md description.
So far I have:
- Forked his vtkbool repo.
- Modified his top-level CMakeLists.txt file to either add the remote module Boolean or behave as his original CMakeLists.txt.
- I have not needed to change any other of the original files.
I have tried to suppress many warning in his code with compile options. However, this has become unmanageable across multiple compilers. I would like to repair these warnings.
Roemer’s class uses these methods:
void SetOperModeToUnion () void SetOperModeToIntersection () void SetOperModeToDifference () void SetOperModeToDifference2 ()
while the existing classes use:
void SetOperationToUnion() void SetOperationToIntersection() void SetOperationToDifference()
I’m soliciting feedback as to the best approach:
- Forget adding it as a remote module. Use the filter as is described here.
- Change Reomer’s’ API to match VTK’s.
- Since we can’t tolerate warnings, repair the warnings by changing the original source and retain the changes only in the forked repo.
- Generate a PR to merge our changes into Roemer’s repo.