Any specially recommended commit point for building VTK with GLTF support?

Hi!

I just downloaded 8.2.0 for using the new GLTF support, but then I realized it’s not yet there. So, I’m guessing there’s no official release yet with GLTF support. From the development forum, I guess there’s no going to be a 8.3.0, but 9.0.0, and I’m guessing it might still take weeks or months to get to that release, so…

Would you recommend just to download the master branch from the repository and build it? Or maybe do you have any preliminary source package with GLTF support that you would consider proper for everyday use? (IIRC the latest ParaView release did support GLTF, so that’s why I’m asking, because I guess you chose a “stable VTK branch” for doing that release --or maybe I’m wrong and there’s no official ParaView release with GLTF support).

Thanks!

cesss

From the development forum, I guess there’s no going to be a 8.3.0, but 9.0.0, and I’m guessing it might still take weeks or months to get to that release, so…

This is correct

Would you recommend just to download the master branch from the repository and build it?

Yes

you chose a “stable VTK branch” for doing that release

The master branch is built and tested with a large number of configuration and should be stable enough.

or maybe I’m wrong and there’s no official ParaView release with GLTF support

Well, ParaView 5.7.0 do contain GLTFReader ! But you are asking about VTK here.

Well, ParaView 5.7.0 do contain GLTFReader ! But you are asking about VTK here.

Yes, I meant that maybe it would be wise to use the same VTK source used for the last ParaView release, because it would be expected that you chose a stable VTK for building ParaView. But, given that the master branch is considered in good shape, I go for it. Thanks (BTW, I also found you do have a branch that seems to correspond to the VTK used for the last ParaView, but, as said, I’ll go with the master).

Thanks!!