Blank render windows after updating vtk 8.2 to 9.3

Running into an issue with vtkRenderWindow(vtkGenericOpenGLRenderWindow), vtkRenderer(QQuickFramebufferObject::Renderer) after updating our vtk library from 8.2 to 9.3.0. We are using QT 5.15. All the windows are blank (completely black windows), but the interactors still works as expected. I don’t know what changed in vtk to cause this behavior. No vtk errors at all.
I build some vtk examples with no issues. Any suggestions here?

Hello,

Are you using QVTKOpenGLNativeWidget?

best,

PC

No, there is no reference to QVTKOpenGLNativeWidget in the codebase. We use the vtkGenericOpenGLRenderWindow directly. Is that an issue?

Then I recommend using it since you’re using Qt.

What is the benefit of using QVTKOpenGLNativeWidget?

@Blake_Xi Since you mentioned QQuickFrameBufferObject, it seems that you’re using a custom implementation of VTK in Qt QML. Is that right?

There is a module in the VTK source tree called vtkGUISupportQtQuick that exposes a QQuickVTKItem for use in QML applications. Take a look at the test TestQQuickVTKItem_1 for an example.

Thanks everyone for replying. Found another post: Vtk9.x Cannot used in QQuickFramebufferObject::Renderer *createRenderer() but vtk8.x can do . - #13 by NewPony
I tried with the code change and the removal of vtkRenderWindow->SetOffScreenRendering(true); ends up fixing my issue.