Download source for VTK 9.1.x?

The VTK download page shows the current release, the previous release, and a release before that. E.g. it currently shows VTK-9.3.0.RC, VTK-8.2.0, and VTK-7.1.1.

Is it possible for me to load a previous version that does not show on that page?
E.g. where can I download source for VTK-9.1.x?

I see vtkVersion.cmake for 9.1.0 here - probably a dumb question but how do I use this file?

Thanks!

Is it possible for me to load a previous version that does not show on that page?

Yes! Here are the steps:

• Go to the gitlab repository of VTK
  • Switch the dropdown on the left from master to the tag you are interested in e.g v9.1.0
  • Click the download button (next to clone on the right) and you will get an archive of the code.

I see vtkVersion.cmake for 9.1.0 here - probably a dumb question but how do I use this file?

No need to use it directly . Once you download the archive you can follow the build instructions.

You may also want to check the getting started guide.

Excellent - thanks!

1 Like

Note that submodules (vtkm) is missing from those downloads. You should be able to guess names based on the URL pattern (https://www.vtk.org/files/release/9.3/VTK-9.3.0.rc1.tar.gz), but I suppose we need the hashes somewhere.

2 Likes