issue with the vtkDiscreteMarchingCubes class with release build of java wrapping

Hello all,

I am working on a Fiji plugin that uses the vtk java wrapping to create 3D meshes from segmented 3D images using vtkDiscreteMarchingCubes, and other smoothing and mesh simplification operations (such as vtkWindowedSincPolyDataFilter, vtkQuadricClustering and vtkDecimatePro).

Until now i’v been working on windows 10, and i’ve been using the libraries that I built in Debug mode using visual studio 17, and it worked perfectly well. However now I must use the dlls built in Release mode, and I must also make the plugin work on macOS.

From the tests i’ve been making, I saw that the macOS and windows Release built librairies work for many vtk examples (https://kitware.github.io/vtk-examples/site/Java/) and everything I need, except the vtkDiscreteMarchingCubes class, that returns and empty vtkPolyData object every time.

In comparison, using the vtkMarchingCubes class to compute meshes from my 3D images works (though I still have some issues on the mac plugin, where vtkMarchingCubes sometimes creates meshes that do not look my 3D images at all).

As a result, I wondered if anyone else had a similar problem with the Java wrapping, or if maybe I should open an issue about this problem.