Possible to specifiy "format" in vtp file?

Hello!

Basically what I want is that when I open a file in Paraview, it automatically applies the necessary conditions to render it properly. Currently when I load my file, it displays nothing, and I have to manually select “3D Glyps” --> “2D Glyps” --> “Vertex” etc. to represent it properly as I want. This makes my workflow a bit slower, since I have to spend about 1 minute on each file I open. (I work with small simulations)

So I wondered if it in a vtp file would be possible to add formatting options, which could do that automatically or how do I go about this efficiently? I am aware of states, but they take the same amount of time for me.

Kind regards

Part_0000.vtp (899.2 KB)

Uploaded example file

You could record a Python trace and save it as a Macro. Then after you load the small file, run the macro to set up the filters you want.

That is of course a solution, but that requires other users to do the same thing etc. Would be nice if it was possible to include a predefined format file, which would be able to use relevant settings.

Kind regards

Alas, there is no way to specify that sequence of filters in the .vtp file, nor is there a setting to automatically apply a macro, though that’s an interesting feature idea. One click to apply a macro doesn’t seem too onerous, and you can share your macro with others to import on their ParaView installations.

I see. Hope it gets supported in the future.

Kind regards