Probleme with Cmake for VTK installation

Hello,

I’m trying to install VTK on my computer, and there is always this error during the configuration, and even if I create a bin folder where CMake shows the error. Building with Visual stuido does not install VTK.
I have tried with several computers and different versions of VTK but I always get the same error that I don’t understand.
If anyone can help me I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Clément

There is no error shown in your screenshot, only warnings.

I am a complete beginner with cmake and vtk… but when I follow the installation instructions that’s the only difference I noticed. As when I generate and build on visual studio (without forgetting to open it as admin) no program is created I thought it could come from there.
Do you have any idea why VTK does not install?

It seems you are using VTK 8.2.0 which indeed lacked documentation. The “new” one in 9.0+ has better documentation.

You’ll need to build VTK first. There will be an install target you can use to install it (which will also run the build).

Thank you very much for your information !
I followed the instructions in the documentation you gave me.
During the configuration I selected TestingCore and TestingRendering. and I get the warning (second screenshot) I am not sure what to do so I restarted the configuration and did generate. I just don’t understand how to do the sentence underlined in blue (3rd Screenshot)…
I thought I just had to open VS and build the solution created with CMake.

Im sorry i don’t really have a good level im a student and i don’t understand your last advices :
" You’ll need to build VTK first. There will be an install target you can use to install it (which will also run the build)."

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

with VS running as admin I managed to build all (Screenshot 1), but when I test a helloworld example I get this error…(Screenshot 2)

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2