vtk 9.0.1 build problems

I downloaded and unpacked vtk-9.0.1. I used cmake in a ‘build’ subdirectory to create the Makefile with ‘Debug’ on. I’m getting several ‘use of deleted function’ errors. The first is:

[ 2%] Building CXX object Common/Core/CMakeFiles/CommonCore.dir/vtkSOADataArrayTemplateInstantiate.cxx.o
In file included from /usr/local/VTK-9.0.1/Common/Core/vtkGenericDataArray.h:422,
from /usr/local/VTK-9.0.1/Common/Core/vtkSOADataArrayTemplate.h:33,
from /usr/local/VTK-9.0.1/Common/Core/vtkSOADataArrayTemplate.txx:19,
from /usr/local/VTK-9.0.1/Common/Core/vtkSOADataArrayTemplateInstantiate.cxx:23:
/usr/local/VTK-9.0.1/Common/Core/vtkGenericDataArray.txx: In instantiation of ‘vtkGenericDataArray<DerivedT, ValueTypeT>::vtkGenericDataArray() [with DerivedT = vtkSOADataArrayTemplate; ValueTypeT = int]’:
/usr/local/VTK-9.0.1/Common/Core/vtkSOADataArrayTemplate.txx:36:20: required from ‘vtkSOADataArrayTemplate::vtkSOADataArrayTemplate() [with ValueTypeT = int]’
/usr/local/VTK-9.0.1/Common/Core/vtkSOADataArrayTemplateInstantiate.cxx:28:1: required from here
/usr/local/VTK-9.0.1/Common/Core/vtkGenericDataArray.txx:913:64: error: use of deleted function ‘vtkGenericDataArrayLookupHelper::vtkGenericDataArrayLookupHelper() [with ArrayTypeT = vtkGenericDataArray<vtkSOADataArrayTemplate, int>]’
913 | vtkGenericDataArray<DerivedT, ValueTypeT>::vtkGenericDataArray()
| ^

I can’t figure out how to fix this. Can anyone help?
Thanks
Barry

I should have added I’m running on Fedora 33.

What compiler are you using? You could try to downgrade your compiler: gcc 7.5 would be a safer bet.

Dan