It’s finally here .
Wheels have been uploaded to PyPI and VTK’s package registry. Source, data, and documentation tarballs are on the website.
upload 9.0.2 Doxygen to the websiteSeems VTK has never hosted versioned documentation
- [x] update vtk.org/download with the new release
Future releases will have CI assist more in doing a lot of the manual steps.
VTK 9.0.2 collects fixes to 9.0.1 which have been made since its release. Of
particular interest are the fixes to macOS rendering, support for the macOS
arm64 platform, and updates for API changes in external libraries.
- Added a
vtkImageProbeFilterwhich works like
vtkProbeFilter, but for
enum classsetters and getters are now supported via
QVTKRenderWidget.his now installed.
nullptrpoints and cells
- The composite date mapper now iterates over data blocks properly
vtkStringArray::Resizetakes tuple elements into account
vtkArrowSourcenow supports scalong and rotation around the origin or the arrow’s center point
VTK::RenderingOpenGL2modules are added to the
Renderinggroup to avoid missing implementations of rendering components
vtkCutterenables point merging when requested through a
vtkPointLocatorwhich merges points
vtkAxesActorbounds calculations improved to avoid assumptions about range values
vtkWindowLevelLookupTableout-of-range colors are now initialized properly
vtkImageReslice::RequestInformationis refactored handle common image information passing
vtkImageReslicecreates a new interpolator in
::GetInterpolator; this new interpolator now uses the same interpolation mode as
- macOS wheels are now built and uploaded by VTK’s CI
- Fixes for macOS OpenGL state tracking (related to
- Multisampling on macOS with Intel graphics turned off for volume rendering
- OpenGL state tracking on macOS with layers is improved (rather than using the wrong context between layers)
- OSPRay is disabled when running under macOS Rosetta
- HDF5 has been updated to address errors on newer Xcode compilers
- HDF5 macOS universal2 compilation fixes
VTK::mpinow disables C++ bindings for SGI MPT as well
- Usage of
numpy.characteris removed (deprecated in NumPy 1.19)
- Avoidance of APIs deprecated in Python 3.9
- Compilation with newer libfreetype resolved (